Wonderful combination of the unusual and the unspoilt, contemporary yurt sleeping 2 near Poitiers
About this off-beat accommodation
Holidaying in La Vienne? Looking for an unusual place to stay the night? Want to dream about riding for miles through the distant steppes of Asia?
Our two-person nature yurt stands in an isolated location; in a quiet and pretty flower garden less than 20 minutes from Poitiers and Futuroscope.
This simple and welcoming place to stay is a different kind of chambre d’hôtes, with all the comforts you could want for a great night’s sleep!
The yurt includes: a kingsize bed, central wood-burning stove, freestanding bath tub and a small table for those who prefer to have breakfast in the yurt, or for somewhere to put your holiday souvenirs.
Outside, guests have use of a wooden terrace, fruit trees and the organic vegetable garden, from where they are welcome to help themselves to fruit and vegetables in season, since the yurt is in the middle of a private garden.
Want to read more about our project?
- An eco-friendly project using local materials: we wanted to create something more than just original and welcoming accommodation; our aim was to create a place to stay in tune with its surroundings. This was why we opted to erect a yurt here in Anjou, using local skills and materials: the chestnut floor is insulated with locally sourced hemp chaff, and the yurt is insulated with sheep’s wool felt, as is the bed.
In addition, the infrastructure and running of the yurt are environmentally friendly: rechargeable batteries powered by solar panels supply the electricity for the interior and exterior lighting, the waste water is treated using a phytopurification system, and there is an outside composting toilet.
- Natural surroundings: sleeping in a yurt gives you a chance to get close to nature while enjoying the comforts of a house. On entering the yurt you will smell the wood and hear the birds singing, and through the opening under the toono you can gaze at the night sky as you fall asleep. What’s more, guests who come to stay can make the most of our fruit trees (apples, plums and pears) and organic vegetable garden, helping themselves to produce in season (strawberries, lettuces, tomatoes, raspberries, redcurrants, etc.).
Foreign Languages: English / Italian /+ Contacter le propriétaire
- The cosy nature-style decoration, the freestanding bath tub
- The organic vegetable garden
- The home-made breakfast (brioche, honey from our beehive...)
Address of the accommodation
Kind of bedroom :
Area : 28 m2
Lift (elevator) : Non
Number of rooms: 0
Sleeps: 2 persons
Baby equipment : Oui
Guest meals :Oui
Pets welcome : Oui
Parking: Nearby rent
Payment : Check, Cash, Transfer, Paypal
Dans le séjour N°1 : 1 x 160 cm,
- Garden lounge
lots of things to do and see, from big-name attractions such as:
- Monkey Valley,
- the Marais Poitevin wetlands
- the historic towns of Montmorillon, Chauvigny and Poitiers,
- organic goat farm in the village,
- stunning gardens, etc.