Gîte TournonArthenice, typical, in the one of the most beautiful villages in France, near Lot Valley
About this Holiday rental
In the heart of the Quercy region near the Lot valley, the fortified town of Tournon d’Agenais built on a rocky outcrop, dominates the Boudouyssou valley below. The authentic village has been named one of the most beautiful villages in France, its charm and medieval character have been maintained by the restoration of the old houses you will discover as you wander through the streets full of flowers. In the « Bastide » region, a tour will guide you through the neighbouring medieval fortified villages: Penne d’Agenais, Monflanquin, Lauzerte, Pujol …, but also this typical guest house, located in the centre of the village, with its stone walls, wooden beams, medeval fireplaces, parquet floor and elegant furniture and decoration, ideal for relaxing with the family in an authentic setting which evokes times gone by.
Floor area: 360 m². 3 rooms + 1 large room with mezzanine: 1 single, 1 double, 1 queen-size, 2 double beds with 2 shower rooms and a bathroom each one with WC. Bed linen and toweling provided. On ground floor, fully-fitted independent kitchen. Independent living room with TV. Independent lounge with TV. TV in room with queen-size bed. DVD. Internet access and optical fibre WiFi (Livebox). Oil-fired central heating. Library. Board games. No-smoking.
Foreign Languages: English / Italian /+ Contacter le propriétaire
- Guest house with elegant furniture and decoration
- Internet access and optical fibre WiFi
- Bastide Region : near Penne d'Agenais, Monflanquin, Lauzerte
Address of the accommodation
Type of property : location.content.type_habitation. , floor, terraced, village
Type of accommodation : Ancien de caractère
Area : 360 m2
Lift (elevator) : Non
Number of rooms: 4
Sleeps: 9 persons
Kitchen : Kitchen
Living room: Oui
Living room: Oui
Pets welcome : Oui
Payment : Check, Cash, Transfer,
- Sheets provided
- Bathroom linen provided
Chambre indépendante N°1 : 1 x Autre,
Chambre indépendante N°2 : 1 x 140 cm,
Chambre indépendante N°3 : 1 x 160 cm,
Mezzanine N°4 : 2 x 140 cm,
- Internet connection
- Private washing machine
- Coffee maker
- the Bonaguil château: from atop its rocky outcrop, it dominates the valley and the medieval village and represents a unique structure in Europe, with its gigantic proportions and in a remarkable state of repair. During a guided tour or on your own, Bonaguil, its keep, cave and drawbridge (...) will plunge you into the heart of medieval history.
- Medieval stronghold, Penne-d'Agenais is a village of great character: ramparts, town gates, the Shrine of Our Lady of Peyragude, place of pilgrimage on the Way of St James…
- Travel back into the past... through prehistory and science in the SauveTerre Museum of Prehistory. Imagine you are a scientist and explore the world of our ancestors through models, facsimiles, touch screens, videos, taxidermy reproductions...
- Hiking in the Fumel area: 32 trails in nearly every commune.
- Harbourmaster in Port de Penne: stand-up paddle rental, canoeing, pedal boats and boat hire (no licence required) from 3 to 12 persons, ½ hour, 1 hour, ½ day or full day.
- the Gabarre Fuméloise: has navigated on the river Lot for 20 years or so and now has some new forms of excursion: manoeuvering through locks, Trott'Gabarre (both a boat trip and a walking tour), ... The Captain and the deckhand/guide invite you to spend a true moment of pleasure.
- Natural and organic bathing in the Parc en Ciel in Lacapelle Biron: recreational and pleasure area, bathing benefiting health and well-being in harmony with nature and totally integrated into the surrounding environment.
- The Foie Gras museum, in Souleilles, is a unique creation in France which retraces the history of Foie Gras, from the Egyptians to the Romans, the birth of this delicacy which over the centuries has become one of the most delicious expressions of our regional gastronomy. In the summer, various events are organised such as the Marchés Paysans on the farm (with 20 or so producers taking part)
- The Monsempron Libos market, one of the largest traditional markets in Lot-et-Garonne, won the Nouvelle Aquitaine best market award in 2019.
For more information: http://www.tourisme-fumel.com/fr/